I like my dystopias:
He loved Big Brother.
There is no Sanctuary
Where the devil are my slippers?
And when they ask us what we were doing, you can say, We're remembering.
Now I'm cleaning up and moving on, going straight and choosing life.
For a moment they saw the nations of the dead, and, before they joined them, scraps of the untainted sky.
And so I step up, into the darkness within; or else the light.
Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown.
In order, that'd be roughly:
- Protagonist is crushed by Society
- Protagonist remakes Society
- Protagonist allies with oppressing faction
- Protagonist allies with oppressed faction
- Protagonist evades Society from within it
- Rocks fall, everyone dies
- Protagonist's fate is ambiguous
- I have no idea what I just watched/read or what it meant to Protagonist
(Bonus points for identifying the dystopias.)